Our honeymoon couldn’t have been more beautiful or surreal. To say it was a little slice of Heaven on the earth wouldn’t even do it justice. Turks & Caicos is surrounded by snow white beaches and crystal waters as far as you can see. It was one of those times in my life I just sat and thought “soak every bit of this up”— the salty air, slow paced life, and no one except my sweet husband in sight. For the first time in our relationship there were no phone calls, texts, emails, shows and no where to be. Just me, The Amanyara and my hubby.
There is plenty that I am keeping to myself from our honeymoon, but I just have to share a few faves.
1) It doesn’t get any hotter than seeing your dream man wear a ring on his left hand. That’s all.
2) One of my favorite things to wear on our honeymoon (besides my new wedding bands – eek!) was my kimono from Otherworld Apparel. The kimono was perfectly light weight and flowy with a delicate print. While wearing it at our resort, a sweet young woman working there stopped me to say how special it was to her. What caught her attention was the Pura Ulun Danu Britan printed on it. She explained that it is a Bali temple in Indonesia, and by the look in her eye it was home to her. Tyler and I knew in that moment, if we didn’t give it to her we would always wish we had. While the kimono didn’t come back home with me, the sweet memory did and “the giving kimono” is exactly where it is supposed to be. And let’s be honest, I’ll probably get myself another just as a reminder of our new friend. That’s a good enough reason, right?
3) Coming to a blender near you, our new favorite cocktail : Frozen Basil Daze. The Basil Daze is crisp and refreshing—it’s everything you would dream up to sip under a cabana with your hubby. We created and named our own version once we were back in the states. From our home to yours,
Frozen Basil Daze
- 3 tablespoons agave
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups of Ice
- 3 fresh squeezed limes
- 1 lime sparkling La Croix
- 4-5 oz Quality vodka [you may also substitute with tequila, rum or just go straight virgin]
- Wash your leaves
- Roll your limes on the table to soften them
- Cut your limes in half and squeeze the juice into your blender (I cannot recommend the Vitamix enough.)
- Add leaves, ice, [vodka], and La Croix
- Start the Vitamix on the lowest setting and crank it up to the highest setting
- Blend for 30 seconds until there are no more ice chunks
- Serve and soak up the rest of the summer!
iPhoneography | @thubbmusic
Resort | @amanyara_resort