Let’s be honest, the holiday season is much harder to keep a consistent workout routine than any other time of the year. Why? Is it because the chilly temperature outside makes us feel like we’d rather just curl up on the couch with our pup?… Of course. Is it maybe because our eyes are a little bigger than our stomachs during the holidays?…Guilty. Could it be because it’s that time of the year when we tell ourselves, “We’ll get our workout routine back on track after the new year”… Doesn’t everyone? But, this holiday season we’ve made it our mission to keep our hands out of the cookie jar and keep the Hubbard household motivated and keep a consistent workout routine.
For us, staying motivated and active over the holidays means some NEW workout gear to get us excited about stepping outside in a new legging or cozy hoodie. Arriving just in time for the holidays is my new + favorite activewear from Carbon38. I love their consistently stylish pieces they offer and I’m excited about putting them to good use over the next few months. Their quality + comfort makes each piece worth every penny, as I always get great use out of anything and everything from their site.
If you’re still on the hunt for that extra push to kickstart your workout routine, take a mini shopping break and get yourself into gear with some of their amazing activewear and I guarantee you’ll find that long lost motivation.
I’ll leave you with a few of our holiday ground rules, as well as a few tips and tricks to help stay active!
HOLIDAY GROUND RULES
- Never show up to a party hungry: Eat a healthy snack before leaving the house, leaving less room for a full plate overload.
- Try the dessert, but only once: It’s ok to have a sweet treat, but setting limits is key. Have a few bites and be done with it.
- Use the buddy system: Tyler and I help keep each other accountable not only with our workouts, but also in “trying” to avoid the dessert table. Though I must confess I’m guilty of bringing him over for just one brownie.
- Outsmart the buffet: It’s easy to get carried away when you’re making your way down the table of endless holiday foods. Grab the smaller plate and save yourself from feeling uncomfortably too full. I always try to ask myself, “How will this make me feel after I eat it? Is it worth it?”
- Don’t be tempted by the pretty colors: Holiday desserts are always sprinkled with colored toppings making it almost impossible to stay away. Keep. Your. Distance.
STAYING ACTIVE TIPS & TRICKS
- Get some new workout gear and use it
- Be active for at least 30 minutes a day, even on those chilly days. Walk up and down your driveway or through your neighborhood, you’ll be done before you know it.
- If you want to stay inside, check out Blogilates and try out some of her awesome quick but effective workouts.
- Set short-term and long-term goals. Write them down and stick them to your bathroom mirror.
- Mix up your method of workout
- Workout with a friend or spouse
- Set a day to rest and recover
Black Jacket | Perforate Vegan Leather Bomber Jacket
Black Hoodie | Shadow Dolman Hoodie
Video by | Justin Mrusek
Photography | Justin Mrusek & Kailey Dickerson