Okay ladies, let’s have some real girl talk…
One thing all of us gals have in common is… Our period. This is the one thing we can all relate to. It’s the inevitable and dreaded time of the month where acne flares up, we feel bloated, uncomfortable and when we often just don’t feel sexy in our own skin.
I recently went off of birth control, and no, not because we are trying to have a baby, but because I just wanted to feel like my natural self without extra hormones running through my body. Though feeling like my natural self again means I’m feeling all the symptoms that birth control used to help subside… Intense cramping, serious bloating, back pain, and an extremely foggy brain. I had forgotten what a “real period” felt like. It’s awful… period!
All of these unwanted yet unavoidable symptoms leave me feeling a little less sexy. So with that in mind, I wanted to share with you a few ways I help get myself through those 5 unpleasant days.
5 ways you can feel sexier…
- Hop in the shower and shave your legs or give yourself a facial. It’s that simple… Also, throw on some comfy high waisted leggings if you’re feeling a little bloated.
- Get a workout in. Even if this means going on a 15 – 30 minute walk around your neighborhood.
- Have a girls night… Or one of my favorites is to have a chill date night at the house in our sweats and cook breakfast for dinner because I can’t make up my mind due to my foggy period brain.
- Take a nap, turn off your phone for an hour, and don’t feel guilty about it.
- Remember to take deep breaths.
But honestly, do what YOU want… If our bodies have to do this once a month you deserve some you time. And for all you girls out there, even if you don’t feel like it all the time, just remember… You are strong. You are beautiful. You are empowering. You ARE sexy!!
Lastly, get some new undies! Out with the old and in with the new as they say… And treat yourself by signing up for the Underclub and have some new undies sent right to your door every month! It doesn’t get much better than a customized and personalized selection of panties picked just for you and then delivered right to your door each month!
elizabethW Lavender Body Oil
Fun things to check out…
Skin Care: Photography | #kaileyography